Monday, January 14, 2013

Best Of Beauty 2012: Makeup Products

Hey Beauties :-)
After seeing quite a few bloggers and YouTube gurus talk about their favorite beauty products of 2012, I thought I would do a post and share my most adored items of the past year. I know it's a little late, but better late then never, right? I'm also planning on doing a skin care and hair products post as well, so definitely stay tuned for that if your interested. Now, let's move on to my favorite makeup products of 2012 :-) 

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N115:
I'm in love with this foundation by Make Up For Ever. I picked it up at the Sephora store in Paris, after I got my makeup done by one of the very talented makeup artists at the Make Up For Ever counter. She used this foundation on me, and I just fell in love with how it looked on my skin. It feels very smooth and soft on my skin. It's very easy to blend, the coverage is wonderful, it sets into the skin quickly and it looks great in photos. The Make Up For Ever HD Foundation is my favorite high end foundation at the moment :-)

 Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 BB Cream:
On days that I don't have much time to do my makeup (or I'm feeling extra lazy), I love to wear my Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 BB Cream by Maybelline New York. It's very easy to apply, and it blends nicely into the skin. I love how it makes my skin look fresh, glowy and a lot smoother. It doesn't feel greasy but It's a little sticky at first, until it settles into the skin. If you are looking for something that is going to give you a lot of coverage, I don't think your going to like this product. You can always go back and apply another layer, and that is going to give you a little more coverage. The Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 BB Cream is definitely one of the better BB creams that I have tried out :-)

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer:
The NYX HD Photogenic Concealer has been my favorite concealer of 2012. I really like how nicely it covers up my undereye circles and imperfections. I don't have too many imperfections to cover up, so this concealer works perfect for me. I also love how it brightens up my face and makes me look more awake, thank god for this early morning lifesaver :-)

Urban Decay All Nighter Long - Lasting Setting Spray:
I love, love, LOVE this Long - Lasting Setting Spray by Urban Decay. I start by shaking the bottle, then making sure that I'm holding it about  8''-10'' away from my face, then I mist my face 4-5 times. I love how it keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the entire day :-)

NYX Powder Blush in Natural:
Natural has been my go-to blush for the past year. On days that I don't know what blush to use, Natural is the one I reach for. It's such a beautiful light pink blush, which gives my cheeks a little bit of color. This is the perfect blush if you have a fair/light skin tone. It won't show up on your skin, if you have a darker skin tone.

 MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle:
Soft and Gentle is my favorite highlighter in my entire makeup collection! It's a beautiful peachy highlighter with a high-frost metallic finish. Soft and Gentle looks very natural on the skin, it gives you the perfect amount of glow, and it also looks beautiful on all skin tones. I'm in love with this highlighter, it's definitely a product worth splurging on :-)

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion:
The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is my favorite, and I use it everyday. It makes the eyeshadow go on a lot smoother, and it prevents it from creasing or fading away throughout the day. It also has a little bit of coverage as well, which is great if you have some blue veins on your eyelids that you want to cover up. It's such a lovely product, which has been part of my makeup collection for years now. I love it :-)

Benefit They're Real Mascara:
This has been my go-to mascara since I picked it up at Sephora in Paris. I haven't used another mascara since I bought this one, that's how much I love it. I really like how it makes my lashes look a lot longer and a little thicker as well, without making them look clumpy. This is definitely a product I will purchase again :-)

e.l.f. Eyebrow Treat & Tame:
I have been using this Eyebrow Treat & Tame by e.l.f. for a while now, and I like it a lot. I like how nicely it fills in my brows, making them look very natural. I feel extremely naked and a little uncomfortable without my brows, so this is a must have product in my makeup bag :-)

LORAC PRO Eyeshadow Palette:
The Lorac PRO Palette has quickly become one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes, and I have been using it like crazy since I bought it. The eyeshadows are very pigmented, smooth and easy to blend. I love the wonderful selection of both matte and shimmery shades, definitely a eyeshadow palette worth checking out if you are a big fan of neutral eyeshadows :)

MUA Makeup Academy Eyeshadow Palette in Undressed:
Another big favorite of mine is the MUA Makeup Academy Eyeshadow Palette in Undressed. This palette doesn't have as many matte eyeshadows as the LORAC PRO Palette, but it's is a great alternative to the Original NAKED palette by Urban Decay. If you have been wanting to try out the Original NAKED palette, but your not sure if you want to spend £36.00, you should check out the Undressed palette. It's a wonderful alternative, and it's only £4.00 :-)

EOS Lipbalm in Strawberry Sorbet:
I'm obsessed with the lip balms by EOS, especially Strawberry Sorbet. I love how it keeps my lips nicely moisturized, smooth and soft thoughout the day. Without a good lip balm, my lips get super dry and chapped, which can be painful at times. That's why I never leave our apartment without making sure that I have at least one lip balm in my handbag :-)

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie:
I'm a huge fan of the Revlon Lip Butters, and Berry Smoothie is probably my favorite shade in their entire range. Berry Smoothie is a beautiful berry shade with golden shimmer. I love how moisturizing, smooth and pigmented the lip butters are, makes me want to pick up more shades :-)

What do you think about my Best Of Beauty 2012 makeup products? Which product was your favorite of 2012? Xoxo, Christine♥
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. wow. grt collection. even i'm lusting after soft n gentle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection. A few products I havent tried & some I love like the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, EOS lipbalm and the MUA palette. I love all those too. I want to get my hands on the Lorac palette. Ive heard such great reviews of it
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the up all night spray - it works so well!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share a lot of favorites! I Love the primer, and eos balms. You are so right about NYX blush! I use it all the time! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I now need that LORAC pro palette in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try the Maybelline BB cream now. I'm so interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really eager to try that BB cream! I haven't found my love for them yet but i think they sound so ideal and easy i really want to find a good one to wear! I love your blog btw!

    xxx

    http://andshesaidwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own a couple of those products, but i'm dying to try the makeup forever foundation!! :(

    loraphilp.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I'm intrigued by the Urban Decay setting spray - sounds great! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I still want to try Soft & Gentle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post! very interesting! i want to try soft and gentle by mac x

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT picks! I will sure check out a few of your favorites. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your selection is really great .

    I have started a giveaway on my blog . It would be great if you will participate in it . Thanks
    ღღღRabi Makeup Glitzღღღ

    ReplyDelete
  14. great collection - still haven't tried the revlon lipbutters - on my to-do list now :)
    here is a look at my favourites for 2012 in the budget segment Budget makeup 2012 - hope you like my picks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore soft and gentle! There are some lovely products here im dying to try, I would give my right arm for Sephora in the UK or at least a back tooth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was ridiculously excited to see the Treat & Tame in this. It was in my best of 2012 awards too so HI5! :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been wanting the soft and gentle for a while now. Im going to have to get it soon or Ill burst!!! LOL. Thanks fo sharing your favs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one off you. You guys are truly amazing, thank you for making my day with your sweet words! I always reply back to comments, so make sure to check back!♥

© Makeup, Beauty & Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig